This week, I am grateful for:
- my Irish grandparents: their love, commitment, drive, generosity and for being still married after fifty-nine years in a foreign (godless, rainless, snake-invested) country.
- a conclave date!
- learning ways to hear the crap I give myself, without believing it.
- beautiful Sydney.
- the precious Blood of Christ.
- mid-morning naps.
- Dorothy L. Sayers.
- the Cornish nationalist movement. (Such a cute idea! N’aww!)
- mercies which are new every morning.
Guard me as the apple of the eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings,
from the wicked who despoil me,
my deadly enemies who surround me.
And just because next Sunday, God willing, we will have a pope.